All participants registered for the 20th International Congress on Hyperbaric Medicine are invited to submit scientific papers. In order to submit papers in any format, the presenting author must be registered for the congress. The maximum total number of coauthors per paper is six.
Abstracts may be submitted in English, Spanish, or Portuguese, must not include photos, graphs, or tables, and must be submitted no later than September 30, 2020, through the website at www.ichm2020.rio.br, on the Free Themes page. Papers submitted by any other means will not be accepted.
Areas for submission of papers:
- Dry pressurized work,
- Wounds and Dressings, and
- Nursing in Hyperbaric Medicine.
Authors will be advised by October 20, 2020, concerning the approval of their papers and format for presentation.
Papers will not be accepted without results or with results pending for presentation. Appeals on decisions by the Scientific Committee will be received until October 28, 2020. Final rulings on appeals will be announced by October 30, 2020.
The announcement of the papers that have been approved will be posted on the congress website and communicated to the presenting author via the e-mail provided during registration, with the date, time, and format for presentation.
All approved papers will be published in the Congress Proceedings, in electronic format.
Authorship will be anonymized during evaluation of the abstracts. It is thus strictly prohibited to directly or indirectly mention the authors’ names or the institution where the work was performed in the area reserved for the body of the abstract; otherwise the paper will not be accepted for evaluation.
The following types of Free Themes will be accepted for presentation:
Mini-conferences (Oral): Oral presentations lasting 8 minutes, followed by 2 minutes for commentary or discussion. The audiovisual material required for the presentation should be delivered by October 28, 2020.
Videos (e-oral): Presentation of selected videos lasting a maximum of 8 minutes, plus 2 minutes for discussion. The files must be submitted by October 28, 2020, to the e-mail: email@example.com.
Electronic Posters (e-posters): To be presented in a session especially reserved for this purpose in PPT format, as 1 slide in poster format. The discussion will take place at the end of each poster presentation. Files must be submitted by October 28, 2020, to the e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Papers that fail to comply with the instructions will not be accepted by the Scientific Committee.
Papers whose files have not been received by the deadline will be excluded from the program and will not be published in the Congress Proceedings. Only papers whose abstracts have been approved following review of appeals can be sent until November 4, 2020.
PREPARATION OF THE (ABSTRACTS) – GENERAL INFORMATION
A. Identification of the abstract:
- Authors: last name, followed by initials, with the presenting author’s name in bold type;
- Institution: Institution with which the authors are affiliated;
- Conflict of Interest: disclose each author’s connections to companies or organizations with a direct interest in the theme addressed in the paper;
- Ethics: inform the name of the Institutional Review Board and the date of approval of the study, when applicable;
- Contact: presenting author’s e-mail and telephone.
- The title should clearly state the study’s nature and contain a maximum of 15 words.
C. Body of the abstract:
- The abstract may contain a maximum of 250 words in Word for Windows (any version) using Arial font, size 12, justified alignment, spacing 1.5, in an A5-size rectangle, with upper, lower, and side margins of at least 2 cm, and should contain the following topics, type sequentially without separation in paragraphs:
Introduction: introduction and objective of the study.
Material (Sample) and Methods: description of what was done (type of study, population/sample, description of the study and analysis); using scientific names for drugs, with only the generic names, with no mention of brand names.
Results: summary of results with sufficient detail to back the conclusions. If percentages are used, the absolute numbers should also be included.
Conclusions: interpretation of the data; abstracts with phrases such as "the conclusions will be discussed" will not be accepted.